Los Angeles Business Litigation Lawyer
Litigation is not something that California businesses plan for, but statistics indicate that many companies will encounter legal battles at some point during their lifecycles. According to the US Small Business Administration, around 36-53 percent of organizations are embroiled in litigation in a given year. Even if you ultimately prevail in a business litigation case, the implications for your company can be considerable. The financial costs and emotional tolls add up, but your business may also lose customers because of the resulting publicity. Plus, the impact on your professional reputation and lost productivity are difficult to measure.
- Partnership & Ownership Disputes
- Commercial Contract Breach
- Real Estate Litigation
- Judgment Enforcement
- Commercial Debt Collection
Regardless of whether you need to pursue appropriate legal remedies or defend your company in court, retaining experienced counsel is essential. You can trust our team at the Obagi Law Group, P.C. to protect your interests, so please contact our office to set up a consultation with a Los Angeles business litigation lawyer. Some information about our legal services and litigation experience may also be useful.
Comprehensive Business Litigation Legal Services
Lawsuits can result from many different disputes and scenarios, and they span across all industries and business sectors. We are prepared to represent your company in connection with:
- Breach of contract with vendors, suppliers, and other third parties;
- Issues under the California Uniform Commercial Code, including those involving leases, negotiable instruments, and secured transactions;
- Fraud and misrepresentation;
- Employment contracts and disputes, such as claims regarding wages, discrimination, harassment, severance packages, and retaliation;
- Partnership and ownership disputes, many of which involve breach of fiduciary duty;
- Issues involving intellectual property, including trade secrets, customer lists, copyright, and assets incorporating patent rights;
- Insurance matters, especially bad faith denials regarding business interruption and other rightful claims;
- Breach of contract when the subject is the sale or purchase of a business;
- Disputes over mergers, stock sales, and asset acquisitions; and,
- Many other issues that arise in the business setting.
How Our Team Supports Your Litigation Efforts
At the Obagi Law Group, P.C., we are committed to representing your company’s interests in many business lawsuit tasks. If there are ways to avoid legal action, we can assist with negotiations and dispute resolution. In the event of litigation, our team develops an appropriate strategy:
- If you need to file a lawsuit to enforce your company’s rights, we will conduct an investigation, prepare the necessary documents, and seek all monetary damages available in your case. Where equitable relief is appropriate, we will seek appropriate remedies to get a defendant to comply with a court order.
- Where your company is the defendant in business litigation, our team will defend your interests and fight the plaintiff’s allegations.
Contact a Los Angeles Business Litigation Attorney About Your Case
As a business owner, you cannot allow lawsuits and other legal action to prevent you from your top priority: Running a successful company. Allow our team at the Obagi Law Group, P.C. to shoulder the burdens involved with complex business litigation matters. To learn more about how we can help, please contact us at 424-284-2401 to schedule a confidential consultation.